Checking In & Out
We provide a complimentary pick-up service from the Long Harbour, Vesuvius and Fulford Harbour ferry docks and the float plane dock in Ganges.
Most of the toiletry items that we provide (shampoo, conditioner, bar soap and bath bombs) are produced locally by Salt Spring Soapworks.
- The Hale Eddy regrets that it is unable to accept pets.
- The Hale Eddy is an Adult oriented accommodation provider, but we can usually accommodate families with well-behaved children.
- The Hale Eddy only accepts Visa, MasterCard & American Express credit cards and Canadian or American currency as forms of payment for accommodation and services provided. American currency is subject to an exchange rate that can change from day to day. The Hale Eddy's exchange rate on the day this information sheet was updated was $1.00 USD = $1.10 CAD (May 1, 2006).
- The Hale Eddy endeavours to operate in an environmentally friendly manner. As such we encourage our guests to recycle by providing various receptacles for that purpose.
- The Hale Eddy does not allow smoking of any sort inside the dwelling, guests who smoke may do so in designated areas only. Please respect the rights of non-smokers if you smoke and use the provided ashtrays for disposal of smoking related materials; this helps keep our property clean and reduces the risk of fire.
- The Hale Eddy requests that all guests observe quiet hours from 11:00pm 'till breakfast.
Upon booking, a credit card number (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) must be provided to secure your accommodation for the dates you desire.
Please note that if we are able to book new guests in the same suite(s) and for either a portion of or the entire period resulting from a cancelled booking, then we will refund the relevant portion of the forfeited deposit.
- For stays of three (3) nights or less a deposit equivalent to one night's charges will be taken. This deposit is fully refundable, less a $25.00 administration charge if a cancellation is made more than 10 days prior to the first day of a stay at The Hale Eddy. Cancellations made with less that 10 days notice will forfeit the entire deposit.
- For stays of four (4) nights or more, or for bookings that reserve both suites for any number of days, a deposit equal to 50% of the booking will be taken. This deposit is fully refundable, less a $25.00 administration charge if a cancellation is made more than 28 days prior to the first day of a stay at The Hale Eddy. If a cancellation is made between 28 to 14 days prior to the first day of a stay at The Hale Eddy then 50% of the deposit will be refunded to you. Cancellations made with less than 14 days notice will forfeit the entire deposit.
Checking In & Out:
Check-In Time: 3PM - 5PM
Check-Out Time: 11AM
Please contact us if you have special needs regarding check-in or check-out times (ie. late arrival on last ferry, wanting to drop bags off early etc) and we will do our best to accommodate you.